Thursday, July 3, 2014

Birthday Wishes



To my son Tommy,

I received a ton of birthday wishes. Behind each birthday salutation or wish was the true essence of what I have accomplished in forty years. Because each one came from a friend or family or loved one. Each one came because of that shared connection, be it recent or years ago, that comes from the heart. I tried my best to thank each and every one for their wishes and their presence (past, present, and future) in my life.

There were a bunch though, so hopefully I didn't miss anyone. No worries. Tomorrow is another day to try to make that connection or reconnection, even if only for that fleeting moment to thank them for taking time out of their lives and thinking of me, and to let them know I was thinking of them. That brings me for my final birthday wish of the day. Many of my thanks were on Facebook or the like. As a gift to me, I hope everyone takes tomorrow off of social media, and connects with the family and friends and loved ones. Share a hot dog and a brew and put down the phone and really take the time and put in the effort to make that special connection. It will make those status updates on the 5th all the more meaningful to those most important in your life.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment