Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New Record

To my son Tommy,

When you think of new records, you think of a cause for celebration. Not all record breaking events are good. I think five days without a letter to you is a new record. But work has been kicking my butt and my mind is fried when I get home to you. Even if I mustered the energy to write, I am afraid my words would be the equivalent of trying to speak after the dentist gave you too much novocain. Not to mention that I would have to sacrifice time we can spend together to write. It is the internal conundrum of blogging and social media; every moment spent writing or posting about life is a moment you could be living life. Don't worry, I will get back to our daily updates. Vacation is right around the corner and that hopefully will heal my mind so I don't write you a bunch of dribble. Come on vacation! In the words of JB "I must confess, I could use the rest, I can't run at this pace very long"

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment