Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mosca Hunter



To my son Tommy,

Today, after work, I stopped by your grandparents' house. You and Mommy were there earlier to take Nana Jeanne to the hospital but had already left. I did a few chores (trash out, computer updates, go over mom's recent doc appointment helping hand here and there) and just visited for a bit of time.

During my visit, your Grandpa Leo excitedly says, "Oh! You have to see the mosca masks!"

I searched my mind's store of Spanish vocabulary and remembered that "mosca" is Spanish for fly. Evidently you and he were hunting flies. One of you, not sure which, suggested you make disguises to fool the flies so you could get closer with your swatter. He came out  in his mask, as seen in the picture I snapped (not sure why he was carrying a bag of lemons though). Even the eyes had a punch of pin prick holes to mimic fly eyes. Your mask looked good too. You never know what to expect when you get your Grandpa Leo and you together, but there is a high probability of it being off the wall but filled with love!

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment