Monday, August 31, 2015

Chopped Liver



To my son Tommy,

Had jury duty today and picked you up around 5pm. Mom is off working more on the basement. We were rushing around getting dinner done and moving on to homework in a second but I thought this little conversation worth reporting.

You: Can I have some water?
Me (half listening as I was going through your "go book" looking for homework assignments): I'd have to make more mac and cheese.
You: No, I said water.
Me: Oh, yeah sure. You know how to get your water. Cup is right there.
You (looking at cup):
Me (looking at you):
You (looking at me):
Me: Go ahead and get it. What am I your...
You (interrupting): Chopped liver?
Me: What? No. That isn't the right use of that. I was going to say "servant".
You (looking at me like chopped liver):
Me (looking at cup):
You: I guess I can get my own water.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment