Monday, August 24, 2015

Obligatory First Day



To my son Tommy,

I would be remiss if I didn't write to you on your first day of school. It is obligatory and I could have my "daddy card" revoked if I didn't.

I love that you are excited for your first day of school. No tears from you. I had to wrangle you in to give hugs to Bwama and Poppop who came to see you and Ryan as St Agnes started up its school year for the 150th time. After the forced hugs, you quickly ran off to your friends. Hugs and high fives and a whole bunch of "Great to see you again". I think I even heard you compliment someone's shoes.

Speaking of footwear, notice the brown shoes in the pic. Those are required now that you are a highfalutin first grader. Now you need to learn to tie them!

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

P.S. Poppop got some pics at the school. Will see if I can add them later.






No comments:

Post a Comment