To my son Tommy,
Top seven things you should know on your seventh birthday.
1. When you came into this world seven years ago, we thought we knew what to expect. We were wrong.
2. You have made our lives exponentially better, simply by being you.
3. Your mom gives the best cuddles.
4. Playing with dolls is okay (see pic above) and I will teach you to deal with those that say different.
5. Be careful with your pants zipper. One moment of carelessness causes way too much pain. Zip cautiously!
6. Even if Daddy says you can't build something (like a real car or a real rocket ship) the proper answer is "Maybe not yet!" Follow that amazing imagination of yours and just keep trying and learning no matter who tells you that you can't and no matter how many times you fail!
7. You are loved immensely and intensely and you deserve every ounce of love you get wholeheartedly!
Happy seventh birthday!
Sincerely with love from your dad,