Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Duck



To my son Tommy,

On the school playground, you learned a very valuable lesson...DUCK! When you are the prey in your friendly game of chase, don't focus that much on what is behind you at the expense of not seeing the obstacle in front of you. You learned it the hard way, and have the forehead to prove it, but no real damage. At least I can now personalize my joke, "My son Tommy walked into a bar, ouch!" (One of the best things about being a dad is you get carte blanche for corny jokes!) I figure you will have to bang your head on another ten or twenty poles (or various other obstacles that will seemingly jump out at you from nowhere) before you learn your lesson. Boys will be boys. I'll spare you the deep life metaphors.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment