Thursday, January 29, 2015

Frequency

To my son Tommy,

The frequency of my letters to you seem to be decreasing. I don't know why.

Now more than ever I want to constantly tell you how much I love you. I want to tell you to enjoy every moment of this short life. I want to tell you not to get caught up in the details. I want to tell you to focus on the important things in life, God, family, friends, love, compassion, forgiveness.

For some reason, I have just lost the words. Perhaps I am tired. Perhaps I am busy making sure I focus on the important things in life myself. Perhaps I have just enough energy to just put in practice those principles, thus leaving no energy to write words of wisdom and love to pass on to you. Hopefully the hug and cuddle will be a sufficient replacement for those days where the lack of time and energy cause me to miss my letter to you.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment