Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Anxious



To my son Tommy,

I wonder if human beings are the only creature that thinks about the future with worry and dread. I wonder if we are the only creation that so fears the unknowns the future holds that it actively consumes the present. It is easy to say to live in the moment, and up until this point I have tempered or completely ignored my anxiousness about your grandpa's surgery today. But the moment is upon us and your Grandpa Leo is being prepped for his second craniotomy. The car ride in, the talk between a father and son of what to do in case the worst happens, is very sobering and knocked down all walls I had put up to suppress that anxious concern. So I turn to prayer and ask you to do the same. 

Dear God, Please come into the heart, hands, and minds of the surgeon and all of my father's caregivers today so they can be tools of Your will and deliver Your healing mercy. Thy will be done. I ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

1 comment: