Friday, April 15, 2016

Story Is King



To my son Tommy,

I have often tried to get you to watch the shows and movies from my youth with varying degrees of success. Some you love and some you just haven't been interested in, or at least not yet. I chalked it up to the advances of animation and movie making in the family genre. I mean how can old drawn cartoons like Steamboat Willie compete with the advances of Pixar and such. Still I held hope that one day you would develop a taste for the classics; you would learn to appreciate an old black and white like Casablanca as much if not more as a newfangled movie like Avatar. And, as we sit here and watch Pinocchio and I see the uttermost amazement and see in your eyes, I realize that you have turned a page in your life where substance matters and story is king.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment