Sunday, June 23, 2019

Camp 2019 Letter One




To my son Tommy,

It is not often I write something that I actually send to you to read right away. I have tons of letters written to you that I am sure one day you will read, but they are best left for later in your life. I figured this needs to hit the mail tomorrow.

I am writing this letter on Sunday the 23rd of June 2019, though you will probably get this letter Tuesday or Wednesday. Today, we dropped you off at Camp Puh’tok for two weeks. Just last night you were already lamenting (that means feeling bad about) that camp weeks are not full weeks and you won’t get 14 days there. Just think, you hadn’t even completed your first night and you already wanted to stay another day. But I think you will do okay with just 13 days!

After we left you at your cabin, with a whole ton of instruction that you half absorbed, your mom was muttering to herself, “He’ll be alright. He’ll be alright.” Mothers are like that, constantly worrying about their baby boys. As for your old man… well I know you will be alright because you have already grown into such a fine young man with a kind heart and a good head on your shoulders. I envy the fun and adventure you are about to enjoy.

Turns out the Morales family, Mr. Joe and Mrs. Brooks who you have met a couple times, are sending their daughter Iszy there next week. She is heading into the eighth grade next year, so she will most likely be in your cousin Ryan’s group. It is her first time as well. Try to say hi and make her feel welcomed and show her the ropes. You will be a seasoned veteran with a full week under your belt by the time she gets there! I think Mommy wants to send you her picture, so you can keep an eye out for her. She might include it in this letter, or she might write one herself.

I love you. I miss you already. Try to remember everything mom told you, but most importantly…HAVE FUN! I am very proud of you, my son, and will see you soon.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment