Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Call Me Maybe



To my son Tommy,

It was the attack of the sight words today.  Your brilliant mother, acting on a tip from your equally brilliant grandmother, made up a bunch of words for you to tape to various objects throughout the house.  These little paper invaders will help you recognize more and more words.  You are great at spelling and reciting the individual letters of any word but you don't always know what you are spelling.  For example, you taped a word to the boob tube and started spelling T E L E V I S I O N and then informed us that spells TV.  You also spelled S T A I R S and told us that spells steps.  Thankfully, if your Irish stubbornness doesn't get in the way, it only takes one correction and you get it immediately.  We also are attempting to teach your address and phone number.  When you recited the numbers taped up for you to learn your phone number you exclaimed, "phone number? Like call me maybe!" and ran off singing a pop song.  Your mother and I were floored that you knew that song and assume your cousin Emma taught you.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo





No comments:

Post a Comment