Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Thinking Of You



To my son Tommy,

Today I accompanied your Grandpa Leo down to Hopkins for some follow up stuff. I am currently waiting for him to finish an MRI. The picture I posted is from the historical display case in the waiting room. It really doesn't have anything to do with this post, as I just thought it funny. I didn't see the word "gonad" and think of you.

But after my medical history diversion, I was left with my thoughts. It occurred to me, you are always on my mind. Your mom is always on my mind too. It seems all my family and friends are constantly on my mind, even when they are not in the forefront of my mind, but you and your mom are always in the forefront. 

It also occurs to me I don't tell you or your mom enough how much I am thinking of you guys. Even with everything going on, with your grandpa and grandma and great grandparents and all things, my thoughts and concerns and prayers always include you. I try to let you guys know through the little things I do (a special meal, and great big hug, what have you) in sort of a "more than words" type fashion (to quote some sappy 90s ballad lyrics) but sometimes it is just easier and best to just say it.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment