Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ready or Not



To my son Tommy,


    17, 18, 19, 20 Ready or not hear I come!  Today I had to work late and got home close to 6:30 pm.  But a couple extra hours of work didn't stop us from having a blast immediately when I got home.  We played hide and seek for about an hour.  You will never win a hide-n-seek contest right now.  Many times you say "Ok Daddy you close eyes and count, I go hide in the closet" or some other subtle hint that lets me know where you are.  When we play, the seeker yells "yee" and the hider responds in Marco Polo fashion "hah".It is a tradition we picked up from an episode of one of your current favorite shows The Mighty Jungle.  You do great at counting to twenty and hiding your eyes without peeking.  I could find a million lessons and meaning of hide-n-seek or how some things are worth waiting for or how even if it is late doesn't mean it won't be great, but I think I will just let it be a simple childhood game that I had a blast playing.  Now if you will excuse me a very persistent boy now wants to draw butterflies and bumblebees and other various insects and shapes and such.


Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment