Sunday, July 29, 2012

Should Vacation Be An Excuse

To my son Tommy,

Yesterday I mentioned forgiving deadlines can help in certain aspects of life. I want to stress that you have to learn when and where this is appropriate. I don't want you to think this gives you carte blanche to skip everything. Though you have to allow yourself to forget certain aspects, you still have to hold yourself to your other responsibilities.

Take for example this vacation. Now many people say "I don't have to follow that, I'm on vacation" with respect to their diet, or their resolutions, or what have you. That is ok and understandable for most, but I would encourage you to buck the trend. I am determined to upkeep the changes I have made in my life. I am still attending daily mass, still taking my vitamins daily, still blogging, still stretching daily, etc. etc.

It would be so easy to let all these fresh daily routines slip for the vacation. But honestly if I stopped, who knows if I could get it going again. You never want to waste all your previous efforts if you can avoid it. With a little continued effort for the couple days of vacation, you make the days when you are not vacationing that much better.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment