Monday, July 16, 2012

Try Try Again

To my son Tommy,

     I sit and look at your 3 year old self with amazement and wonder  There is so much I want to tell you, so much I want you to know, so much I want you to learn, so much I want you to remember.  So, I have decided to try blogging (or re-try more appropriately as I have had some failed attempts to blog in the distant past) in the hopes that I can impart some wisdom or laughs or "what not to do" or some of my favorite memories.
     First lesson, just because you failed at something before, like my previous attempts to write for the Internet world, does not mean you should stop trying.  You must have hope and belief in yourself, at least as much hope and belief as I have in you, which is a tremendous amount.  Of course this flies in the logic of a later lesson I might give on betting (if a horse has never won a race don't lay any money on it to win) but this is belief in yourself...not odds and probability in others actions.  Believe in yourself.  You can do it.
     On my part, I will believe in myself and do my best to keep this blog going.  My hope is I can print this out on January 6th 2027 and gift this to you with years of wisdom and memories to keep and perhaps share with my future grandchildren.


Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment