Thursday, July 26, 2012

Things Go Bump In The Night



To my son Tommy,


     There are times when you wake up in the night and something has  startled or frightened you.  Last night at 2:30 am was one of those nights.  Not sure if it was a bad dream or some loud noise that bothered you. But whatever it was, I got ya out of your bedroom and your mom got ya back to sleep (after 2 hours or so) and despite being dead tired herself now, we were both happy to help.


     There are going to be plenty of times when things go bump in the night and scare you.  It happens to the best of us and still happens to your dad.  But usually when you get through the fog of just waking up, you can figure out that you have little to worry about especially when you have your mommy.  Of course when you wake up then you have to resist thinking of everything going on in the world and become truely terrified over what is and what may be.


     Anyway, when I came home from work tonight the picture above is the warm reception I received.  And let me tell you, you were zonked out..  I tried my best (or perhaps worst) to wake you but you were not having any of it.  So I snapped a picture and got to experience and relish an innocence in this world that can only be expressed by a sleeping child.  A vision and memory that will comfort me when I think of the things that scare me and to comfort me when things go bump in the night.


Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment