Sunday, August 3, 2014

St Augustine

To my son Tommy,

We went to church today at St Augustine's church in St Damien's parish. There is something that feels like home whenever I attend Mass here. It is a nice looking church, a big church, but nothing overly special I suppose. Yet as soon as we walk in, I am at ease. Of course I only attend Mass here when I am on vacation and life is great, so that might be a major factor in my opinion of the church. Some people find it a bother to attend church on vacation. I however find it quite easy to thank God when I am celebrating and enjoying all the gifts in my life without having to worry about much. It is the other fifty weeks of the year, when life is difficult, and stress and worry and work are part of my every day, that I find it harder to attend. Still, in good times or bad, or all the points in between, keep your faith strong and in the forefront of your life.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment