Saturday, August 2, 2014

Tetris

To my son Tommy,

"What is Mommy doing?" said an overly excited five year old who was ready to get on with the vacation.

I looked over at your mom as she had her fingers on her chin staring at the car as she packed for the vacation.

"She is playing Tetris." I responded, quite amused with myself as your mom gave me a knowing look and a little grin.

"What's Tetris?" you asked puzzled.

Realizing that pretty much every reference from here on out in our lives has the potential to be way too dated for your understanding, I replied, "It is a game where you move blocks till they fit perfectly and then you win."

Your mom chimed in, "And Mommy always wins!"

Thank goodness for your mom's patience and spatial awareness when it comes to packing for vacation. Otherwise, there would only have been ten bags to carry up the stairs when we got here instead of sixteen! I kid, I kid. She once again has done the lion's share of work and successfully readied us for fun and relaxation!

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment