Monday, November 3, 2014

Covet

To my son Tommy,

I have too many material things in my life. You, at the ripe age of five probably do too, but that is more my fault than yours. Your grandmother definitely has too much. When you really think about it, most of us do. Some more than others. One of the hardest things to do in life is to not covet material things. It is a hard lesson to learn and an even harder lesson to live by for yourself and for others, especially with the hoarding tendencies hidden in your genetic line. But this I know...I will never let things get in between me and my love for you. On my tombstone it will not read, "He died with many nice things that he loved" but rather "He loved and was loved and everything else mattered little." You can take every material thing I own, as long as I have love to give and love to receive, I have everything.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment