Sunday, March 13, 2022

Unpacking




To my daughters Rosie and Ilee,


I have moved more than the average person. Being an army brat, I would move every two or three years as dad would get a new station. I got used to it. It had its advantages and drawbacks but more on that another time.

This is the first time I have “moved” into the same place. You see, due to the house flooding, we had to pack up about seven rooms worth of stuff. The water mitigation crew got a storage pod for our driveway and moved a bunch of stuff out there. The water damage is fixed and the rooms are restored. Now we have all these boxes to go through and empty.

The cool thing about unpacking from a child’s view (or even a father with a fairly big immature streak) is of course the cardboard! They are great for forts! You guys have been hanging around as I work on unpacking the basement. Your “helping” was not so helpful, so I unpacked some old toys that I hadn’t gotten around to giving you guys and also made a fort.

Unfortunately, my distraction technique has a drawback. Every time I unpack a box and look over at you guys playing, I get jealous. I might need to take more fort breaks!

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment