Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Parenting Lessons

To my son Tommy,

T: "You're a good daddy."
Me: "Thanks. You are a good son. But would you mind..."
T: (impatiently interrupting) "How did you become such a good dad?"
Me: "Well I must have learned it from watching your grandpa be a good dad to me. The rest I just picked up as time went on or got lucky with I guess. Now, would you mind...."
T: "You didn't read it in a 'construction' book or something?"
Me: "Tommy, I learned more about parenthood from conversations like these than I ever learned from an instruction book, or parenting magazine, or blog."
T: "I am glad we had this conversation daddy!"
Me: "Me too Tommy. Me too. Now...would you mind leaving the bathroom and closing the door to give daddy a little privacy while he goes poops?"
T: "Sure thing"

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment