Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lego Sets



To my son Tommy,

I was worried when we started buying Lego sets. I was worried that the structured instructions would limit your creativity. I feared that you would never feel the thrill of original creation. I am not sure if it because of the sets, or despite them, but you have laid to rest any concern I might have had. You are making your own houses, you're making your own planes, you're making things that you call a time machine (pictured above), and you even made a make shift samurai sword to play with. None of these creations scream that you will be the next I. M. Pei, but none the less they make a daddy proud. Never underestimate creativity and imagination, be it from a five year old son or a daddy who is approaching forty all too quickly.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment