Saturday, May 10, 2014

Baseball Games

To my son Tommy,

Here are a couple things I learned from Mommy, Poppop, and I going to the the ballpark with you last night.

Always have a camera ready for that moment when your son gets on the jumbotron. You actually got a decent amount of time on the big screen comparatively, but it is still quick. So if you go to the ballpark have a camera ready when those scan the crowd moment come up...especially if you have a dancing fool for a son. I learned that lesson the hard way that is why this is a pictureless post.

And then it occurred to me that if you hit the jumbotron, you may have even made it to television. Next time we go, we are going to make sure to set the DVR to capture those potential moments for posterity.

You have more face recognition than some politicians. Your five seconds of fame lead to people recognizing you on the walk back to the car. Today, during the St Agnes Spring Gala, one of your teachers came up to you and said how excited they were when they saw you on the jumbotron last night. I fully expect one day in the future, you to be standing and greeting the Pope and someone will come up next to me and say, "Hey, who is that guy with Tommy?"

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment