Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Disseminating Information

To my son Tommy,

As computer literate that I think I am (which is good because my official job is that of a geek) I often find I don't have the social graces to utilize some of the more interesting aspects of the Internet. For example, when your Great Grandad Leo went into the ER this morning, I posted it on Facebook. I didn't have my uncles' phone numbers on hand and to me it was a quick way to get the information out to everyone. I figured the grapevine would then take over and anyone who needed to know would soon know and anyone who wanted more info would find a way to call me.

Your mom pointed out that she would hate for them to find out their father is in the hospital through Facebook. That thought never dawned on me because I was more preoccupied thinking about the current situation. To me how you find out is not as important as finding out. But again, your old man has very few social graces and a different way of thinking when it comes to most things. You should probably follow and learn from your mother's example.

Prayers for your great grandad. To all your great uncles who read my letters to you, I will let you know more when I know more.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment