Sunday, June 1, 2014

Rock Paper Scissors Shoot



To my son Tommy,

Coming home from the Lardarius Webb Charity Softball Game (which the above mascot,which I think was promoting laser tag games, was your favorite part)  I heard an interesting conversation coming from the back seat.

Your cousin Emma (who lives in the county, though only a couple houses in) and you (city boy though not much of one, and again only a couple houses in) decided to play the classic kid game of competition.

E: "Tommy, do you know how to play rock paper scissors"
T: "Sure! Let's play"
In unison: "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shoot!"
E: "What is that?"
T: "A gun"
E: "There is no gun in Rock Paper Scissors!"

You didn't respond this way, and I know you would never, but somewhere in my mind I heard you say, "There is if you play in the city. That's how we roll!" Then the sobering thought dawned on me of how true that statement is for so many in the city. Then I thought of the current politicians in the city, and where their true interests lie, and now I am all depressed on what was otherwise a very pleasant day.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment