Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tragedy of Human Existence

To my son Tommy,

Remember my son, life is a terminal condition. It all ends. From the moment we are born we are marching towards our death. Sure the method to the end might be different for each, but the result, at least for this world to avoid after life debate, is still the same and final. Thus life is the ultimate limited precious resource. Live it to the fullest and don't sweat the small stuff, because ultimately it is all small stuff.

Dad bloggers world wide are probably mulling this concept over in our minds in one way or another, as one of the greatest had this to say about his recent diagnosis. He reminds us of "Heaven on Earth" and how we can find it in the smallest of things. He eloquently warns us to not have that moment (or perhaps to have the moment sooner) where he says "I realized I had been experiencing the biggest tragedy of human existence: I was having the time of my life, and I didn't even know it."

So take your time, every now and then, and think on the end. Then do the bravest thing possible and stop dwelling on the thought and keep on living, and living well and living with love.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment