Friday, March 1, 2013

Summer

To my son Tommy,

No matter how much you want it to be, it is not summer. You recently found a toys-r-us catalog with a bunch of swing sets and play sets and such. You picked out three of the most expensive and decided daddy should buy these for you. Not wanting to kill your hopes and dreams, I told you that we will start saving and see if we can get one of them in the spring or summer.

You then preceded to inform that it is summer because winter was cancelled. When I disagreed with you, you grabbed a disconnected phone, put it up to your ear and pretended to call your mom. After a brief fake conversation with your mom, you handed me the phone and told me mom wanted to talk to me and you informed me that she agrees with you that it is summer now.

Your persistence in the matter would be rather annoying if you weren't so darned cute and imaginative in your debating techniques.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment