Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ultimate Tradition

To my son Tommy,

The last couple of letters to you were about tradition. We looked at tradition based on family and location and school spirit. From barber shops to great grandfathers, we looked at a few traditions that were and got excited about new traditions to come. I lamented some missed traditions while highlighting some of those little traditions that do exist in my life that I can pass on to you. But it occurred to me today that I missed the number one tradition that I have to pass on to you. It is a living tradition that started about 2000 years ago (though one could argue it started at the beginning of time) and includes so many people from all over the world spanning geography, time, and culture. It is a tradition the we grow in as it grows in us and today that tradition was filled with palms and passion and that tradition is always deeply founded in the tradition of forgiveness and sacrifice and love.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment