Sunday, December 9, 2012

Heart String Tug

To my son Tommy,

I had to work today.  Had to prepare and put on the finishing touches for the Ipad deployment and presentation during tomorrow's production meeting.  I left the house around 3:30 and just got home a few minutes ago.

While I was at work, I got a call from you around 8pm.  "Daddy, when you come home from work will you come upstairs and give me a kiss?" is the first thing I heard on the phone.  You pulled so hard on my heart strings that a few of them broke.  I had hoped to be home as you headed to bed and do the whole tuck in and sing and prayers nightly ritual, but the tiny voice on the other end of the phone meant I had missed my window for that happening.  I promised I would come up as soon as I got home and told you I love you and your mommy as we hung up.  I kept my promise with a kiss and I hope one day you understand that I work for you and not instead of you.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment