Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No Snow

To my son Tommy,

February is almost over, and I feel we have been short changed. If you look back through the pictures you will see we made the best of what little snow we had, but for an eager four year old and an eager father it certainly wasn't enough. Maryland has skirted all the major snowfalls and though a couple states north and east might be jealous of that fact, I am just as jealous of their big snows. No snow days off of work, no sledding, no big snowman, no snow fort for us this year. A couple meteorologists have warned that Old Man Winter might not be done. I trust meteorologists less than gypsies and just a bit more than I trust politicians, but in this case I really am hoping they are right. I could really use a stay at home, shovel the walk, stay out and play till it feels like your nose is going to freeze off, then a good warm up over hot cocoa type day.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment