Thursday, April 4, 2013

New Food

To my son Tommy,

People will never understand how much you eating a cookie means to us at this moment. Most parents would be excited about vegetables or perhaps something exotic. Not us. A new type of cookie (that is not a graham cracker nor a nilla wafer) that you bite and chew and swallow, that is what thrills us. Perhaps in years to come, when you are well past this food thing, we too will not fathom the excitement eating a cookie brought us. For now I will just enjoy. And the news came at the perfect time.

While your mother and you were baking today, my work day was less than perfect. I felt beat and whipped and frustrated and tired. Yet again you called at the perfect time with happy news that today was to proudly tell me about trying new food. I sometimes think you deviously hold back little advancements for when I most need a pick me up in my life. And for that, I thank you.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment