Monday, April 8, 2013

Three Quarter Time

To my son Tommy,

Today I had to remind myself that attitude is a state of mind that you choose. When I got to work, I put on some Internet radio with a Jimmy Buffett flavor. I settled in to the dance that is called Monday at work. Though work is almost beyond the overwhelming point, I simply let me left foot follow where the right foot had travelled and waltzed myself through the day.

I think I need to reclaim that state of mind that is filled with flip flops and banana winds. Way too many fruitcakes in this world full of pushing in shoving to take life so serious. That attitude got me through the first thirty years of my life fairly well. I never really lost this feeling, but now that this pirate is looking at forty in just over a year, perhaps it is time to bring it back in full force. Okay I believe I have put in enough Buffett references to fill one particular harbor, and now I must confess I could use some rest.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment