Thursday, August 22, 2013

Busy Day

To my son Tommy,

As I left the house for work this morning, you and your mother were snuggled on the couch watching your favorite cheesy Hallmark movie which I think is called the Banner Project or the Banner 4th of July or something like that.  I snapped a photo of the scene on my way out but, since I prefer being married to having a photo enhanced letter to you, I decided against posting it.  How you got hooked on a Hallmark movie at four I will never understand and I blame your mother's genes but thank goodness we have it on our DVR because you request it about once a week or more.  I was completely jealous and thought spending the day cuddling with you watching cheesy movies would be the perfect escape from all of life's worries.  But work calls and it promises to be a busy day, which isn't too bad because keeping busy is another form of escape.  That is good because our dance card for the day is full.  If you are going to try to avoid worry, might as well be productive!  After the usual hustle and bustle of work with a couple extra meetings today, we have your second introductory kung fu class tonight and then immediately to the ice cream social that kicks off the school year at St Agnes for you.  I think your Bwama has a volunteer project for me as well at the school immediately following the ice cream social.  Maybe with this busy schedule I will keep my mind off Baltimore crime and how little separates a mugging at gunpoint from a shooting and other such thoughts.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment