Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vitamin

To my son Tommy,

You scolded me with, "Did you take your vitamin today?" in a demanding voice.  

You were up no more than 5 minutes because you and Mommy were bringing me to work to pick up my company vehicle that I turned in for the two week vacation.  

"No.  But thank you for reminding me!  Did you take your vitamin today? Maybe we should take it together." I replied with a chuckle.  

You see we recently (FINALLY) got you to take a vitamin every day.  You like the Flintstone's chew-ables and not so keen on the Flintstone's gummy vitamins.  I guess we drilled it in your head how important it is to take a vitamin.  You remind us every day often before we could ever think of it.  It must permeate your dreams because it seems to be bursting from your seams as you wake.  Good thing too with your quirky eating habits.  

Now I guess you are testing if it really is important for everyone by demanding it of your parents.  Well what is good for the gosling is good for the goose and the gander.  Today reminded me my actions must match what I stress to you by word.  If I say taking a vitamin daily is important, and I don't....well you are too smart to fall for that.  We have to be very deliberate as parents right now to instill the good things by example as well.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment