Monday, August 26, 2013

Don't Mind At All

To my son Tommy,

I am probably one of the few people who do not mind one iota that people post up so many "first day of school" pictures around this time.  Many dread reading social media this time of year because of these type of posts.  Some would rather take a naked slide down a razor into a vat of lemon juice.  But I love seeing new beginnings from my family and friends and share in their excitement and dread.  I personally think the new school year is inspiring.  It reminds me that we are all students of life.  You just had your orientation today so technically it wasn't your first day of school, or so I was told by a grumpy mommy that was upset you got up at 6:30 AM and thus she didn't want first day pics.  I think you and I both missed the memo that your orientation started at 9 AM rather than when your normal school day would start at 8 AM which somehow translates into me being the cause of your mom missing an hour of sleep.  Oh well.  I don't mind that at all either because I am giddy with excitement for you as you continue growing up.  I guess we will get first day pics on Wednesday.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment