Monday, August 19, 2013

Man In The Mirror



To my son Tommy,

Today I was looking at the man in the mirror, quite literally.  I was standing there shaving, thinking how shaving is such a pain in the hind side, when I noticed this grumpy man staring back at me who obviously was just as annoyed with the chore of shaving.  His hair definitely had highlights of gray and his face was showing some wear and tear but it was the sour disposition that really put me off.  I thought of my advice to you so many times to enjoy the journey.  I thought how I had suggested to you  that you have to find your personal growth and personal joy in the challenge of daily life.  I thought to myself, "If I could just impress on this guy how important it is to lighten up and learn to enjoy daily chores, how much life would be better for him."  He was alive yet another day to shave that ugly mug of his before he gratefully headed to a job that helps him provide for a his loving family.  That grumpy man in the mirror smirked as if he knew what I was thinking.  Then he winked as if to suggest to me that I am full of crap and would look better with beard.  My reflection is such a smartass.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment