Saturday, October 20, 2012

Remote Support

To my son Tommy,

As you know, I am a professional computer geek.  I could give you some fancy schmancy title like CIO or go into all the little details of what I am versed in compared to what I do not know, but basically I am a geek.  Today I had to do some remote support for my boss (your Great Uncle Mike) and as I took control of his system down at his eastern shore house with the LogMeIn Rescue console a thought crossed my mind.  Sometimes in my life I wish I had someone to take control of the minutia, the points and clicks of my life.  Just like a remote control support session, someone to come in and download files and fix systems and show me hands on what to do.  I could sit back and watch a professional at work.

As I was imagining what it would be like to allow a full access remote control support session for my life,  it occurred to me that someone else is already guiding me.  Perhaps He isn't as interactive as my computer support sessions, and He just advises me what to do and doesn't do it for me nor insist that I do it at all.  He simply tells me what I ought to be doing and lets me decide.  But recently I have given Him much more access and hit unblock on my firewall of life.  Ok that last sentence sure is corny and may be overly religious perhaps, but  it is true.  What else would you expect from a Catholic geek!  I do wish life's FAQ was a little bit more fleshed out and little less ambiguous but we work with what we are given.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment