Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Hot Mess

To my son Tommy,

Just in case my letters and musings make you think that we are past the recent struggles of life, this letter is to confirm the exact opposite.  Not only are we dealing with your mom's medical stuff and all the normal stuff of life like work and chores and survival, we have added a cold or flu on top.  First it started with me and now has spread to you.  I hope it doesn't get to your mom to complicate her life more than it already is.  The Downeys are a hot mess.  Now we are off to your doctor's office to maybe solve one part of the juggling act we call life.  I remember recently praying for the grace and ability to handle everything going on in our lives right now.  I didn't think He would try to prove it to me by giving us even more to handle.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment