Monday, November 18, 2013

Pharmacy

To my son Tommy,

I believe there hasn't been three days in a row in the past month or so that I haven't had occasion to visit CVS for one of our family members.  I joked with your mom that if CVS runs out of anything, they will start sending patients to our house.  

Today I was not only picking up for your mom but for myself as well.  The lady at the pharmacy couldn't find my prescription.  Now in the past month or two I have seen many an irate customer at this store.  When people are sick their tempers are short.  But I dare say that the workers behind the counter never deserved the amount of grief that was aimed at them.  I was determined not to be one of those grumpy customers.  So I politely, but persistently, worked with them till they could find my prescription.  Turns out it was hard to find because the company had my ordinal IV keyed in on my last name and that throws off their system.  By the time we got it all straightened out, me and a couple of the employees were laughing about dynasties and thirds and fourth.  The lady behind the register thanked me for being nice and understanding.  As I walked out I wished them well and I told them I'd probably see them in a couple days the way things have been going, a joke I am not sure they understood.

Remember, in every situation, no matter the frustration level or who is at fault or how pissy you might be feeling, you are obliged to do your best to be kind to all you come across.  If you try your hardest to follow this rule, not only do you chance making someone else's day that much more pleasant, you just might live a happier life.  Kill them with kindness!

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo




No comments:

Post a Comment