Thursday, February 6, 2014

Did He Help You?

To my son Tommy,

Today I was getting ready for jury duty.  You woke up and came and cuddled with me for a bit.  You said, "Daddy, guess what?" and without giving proper time for a guess you added, "I didn't have any dreams this week!"

"No dreams?  Is that a good thing?" I inquired.

"No.  No bad dreams." you retorted.

"That's great!" I said with honest enthusiasm.

"Yeah." you responded matter of factly "God helped me out"

I smiled as what you said washed over my brain.

Then you added, "Did God help you out this week?"

"To be certain he did!" I thoughtfully responded, "Do you know how?"

"How?"

"He gave me a son like you!"

On a day like today, after a week like this week, within a quick conversation God has renewed me using a five year old angel (usually) as his tool.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment