Monday, November 12, 2012

Different Course

To my son Tommy,

Occasionally I look around and find that I am on a totally different course than I thought I would be at this point.  I look at my life a decade ago I would have never thought I'd be where I am now.  Course changes and re-directions can be great things, you being the perfect example.  You never know where the river of life will lead you, you just have to keep braving the rapids and hope for calm waters head.

Your mothers course has found some calm waters for the moment or at least a calm bed.  She is exhausted.  She was up the night before studying for an exam and then it turns out you decided to have trouble sleeping as well so she got no sleep.  I doubt when she pictured her nursing education that she pictured herself constantly dead tired, but that is where she has found herself.  On a side note, though this semester has been stressful on all of us, I am still extremely proud of her and her accomplishments.

When I started this blog, I had a set course.  My goal was to give you lesson upon lesson to help you through your life.  As I look around and read some of my past posts, I once again find myself on a different course than I expected to be.  I find myself on a course of exploring life's great mysteries and questions.  I find myself on the journey of our lives together, chronicled for the ages.  I find myself as much more of a participant than I originally planned to be with this blog.  Just another example of why the unexpected course can be so worth it.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo


No comments:

Post a Comment