Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just Like Millions Of Others

To my son Tommy,

Today we are in the same boat as millions of other people, we did not win the jackpot on the lottery.  Two people (in Missouri and Arizona) did win the big one and I wish them all the success and hope they are worthy of their new found fortunes.  As for us, I think the office pool won enough to buy bagels for the office one day this week.  With all the lottery hullabaloo behind us, we can get back to our normal days.

Today was a "daddy brings me to school" day as Thursdays usually are.  We did pretty good in the morning though every time I am responsible for you in the morning, I am reminded how much you are your mother's son and how much you would rather sleep in.  But we muddled through and got you dressed and fed and even your hair wet down and brushed a bit before loading you up for school.  When I pulled up to school and started getting you out of the truck, you said "Bye Daddy" and when I finally got you out, you took off with your book bag tote in hand and never even turned for one last look.  I tried walking a bit with you but you were dead focused on your mission to get into class.  You are so grown up now for a three year old.  The independence is astounding but it did twinge my ego a bit that you didn't even look back for a final farewell.  Good for you and don't worry about your old man, I will get over it.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment