Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Headlines

To my son Tommy,

Today's headlines are all about the presidential election and the outcome, filled with a varying array of sentiments and conclusions and examining why this happened and how that happened.  It is not the most important thing of the day to our household.  Much more important is the health and safety of your godmother Aunt Joanna.

Aunt Na went into the hospital last night with gall stones and inflamed gall bladder and pancreas and liver.  She is going to have to have surgery.  At a time where everyone else gets to focus on their happiness or vitriol of the election, our minds and prayers are with your godmother. 

It seems recently we have had to refocus on the really important things in life.  I feel like we have been barraged with life and death and health issues to make sure we know what is important.  I feel like screaming "I got it.  I got the message.  I know what is important.  You don't have to send anything else to remind us.  Can we get a break to let it sink in?".  But as your Grandfather Leo always says, "This IS life" as he reminds me that life is struggle and life is tough and life keeps on coming straight at you no matter what.

Our hearts and prayers and best wishes go out to your godmother and here is hoping for a speedy recovery!

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment