Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year Woes

To my son Tommy,

Life can throw you curve balls at any time and in any year. It doesn't give you any reprieves because the new year holiday has just happened. Some years there is little ramp up and you have to jump in with both feet.

I have had that kind of year so far. It has been filled with working and working and more working even while everyone else celebrated their holidays. End of the year reports required by the CPA's can't wait. Doing all this extra work puts me behind with the rest of my work. Thus I ended up working till past 8 pm tonight and missed putting you to bed.

It would be easy to play victim and say woe is me but that is not my style and not the way I want to live this year. I am going at all the challenges straight on and with a determined attitude. Notice I didn't say positive attitude because like the book I am reading suggests, positive thinking about things that suck is just really lying to yourself. There are other things that have already hit us head on in the new year but again I am not going to dwell on these things and play victim. I hope this gives you some idea of how to deal with the ups and downs of life. My only regret is I had to give you your kiss goodnight while you we're already asleep.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment