Monday, January 28, 2013

Second Fiddle

To my son Tommy,

Sometimes you are going to play second fiddle.  Actually you probably never play second fiddle but these letters to you certainly might.  Tonight is one of these nights.  Your mother needs her humira shot and I hope to lessen the bad after effects of that with some snuggle time while we watch Mike and Molly.  I would offer her to make her an ice cream sundae as well if she hadn't just taken a nutrition course at nursing school and seems to have put the entire household on notice that we will eat better.  Unfortunately your blog suffers the consequences of lack of time.  But that in and of itself is an important lesson.  There is nothing online that should ever trump spending time in real life with the ones you love.  Even if it is as unpleasant as a humira shot, real life still wins.  Occasionally even I forget that and under the guise of giving you advice, I try to remind myself of this very evident truth.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment