Monday, October 28, 2013

Appreciation

To my son Tommy,

I am sure it would be easier if I actually slept at night instead of worrying about your mother and you, but I have found a new appreciation for any working single parent.  Life is much easier when it is spread over two.  Your mom makes everything easier and much more fun.  Just knowing that someone else is there to share the burden is such a relief.  When I do get to sleep while your mom is in the hospital, I sleep as light as brand new parent because I know there is no one else to catch any strange noises coming from you or your room.  Then there are the basics that I am unaccustomed to.  By doing little things like matching socks from the laundry, I risk total mental break down.  Common sense things like having your pajamas ready before I put you in the bath seem to elude my male logic.  And I don't understand how I have enough dishes for a full load in the dishwater nearly every night.  So basically I am saying your mom is an amazing super hero and I miss her.  Here's hoping we get some type of resolution soon.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment