Tuesday, October 8, 2013

To Work Or Not

To my son Tommy,

When crisis hits family, no matter how big or small, your mind tends to go into tunnel vision mode.  In this case, I am focused in on your mother and her getting better.  Unfortunately the rest of the world keeps coming at you from all directions. I still have to work.  I still have to make a living and provide.  I still have to take care of you.  I still have to take care of the house.  I even have a bunch of added responsibilities that your mother mostly did for us that I am not too adept at doing.  I do not have the luxury of solely worrying about your mother no matter how much I would like to.  I am here at work today and my mind keeps wandering to my love.  It takes a tiring effort to stay on point.  When struggle and difficulty enter our lives, we just do what we have to and keep going.  The funny thing is, though my thoughts are split between work and the hospital, I might even be more effective at work.  The realization of what really is important often gives you a clarity that transforms your approach to getting things done.  With all the projects I have going on right now, I need to keep that clarity just to keep the juggling everything I have to.  Luckily I work for an understanding company who will give me some leeway as I juggle everything.  I also have a great support system in family and friends that help us out considerably.  Anyways, back to work for me.  I will try to get off of work early enough to pick you up from school but if not your grandparents will get you and I will see you soon.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment