Monday, December 2, 2013

Ten Lords A Leapin

To my son Tommy,

We have ten days left till your mom's surgery and it can't come soon enough.  The funny thing about time, if you are waiting or anticipating it seems to take forever.  You sit there and watch clocks and curse calendars and can feel every minute.  It may seem like you found a way to get the most out of time, but you fill every second with worry or anxiety and forget to live life in the meantime.  I am in the unique position of one area of my life (worrying and waiting for your mom's surgery) going too slow and another area of my life (work and the current software upgrade project) going too fast.  With work, I could use an extra month or two to feel better about everything and end up working some serious hours to keep up with the pace.  Still if I had a choice of the next ten days flying by or crawling, well here is hoping that the next ten days jump faster than the leaping lords of song.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo 

No comments:

Post a Comment