Monday, December 16, 2013

Trotsky

To my son Tommy,

Despite the title, today's letter has nothing to do with Russian politics or history.  No the title is inspired by the white tail toddler I kept home from school today and I just saw quickly trotting to the bathroom.  When I asked you if you were alright you claimed, "Whoa that was a close one!  The poopy was trying to sneak out of my butt."  Soon after you questioned and reported, "Did you hear that? It was disgusting.  This poopy is soupy and really stinks."  Perhaps this has more of a likeness with Russian politics and history than I originally thought.  Either way, you make me laugh as you discover the dangers and discomforts of sickness with a unique childhood innocence and amazement.

Sincerely with love from your dad,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment